Your property may be vulnerable to many things: flood, fire, or weather, but there is another threat that is rarely thought of and can often go undetected: mold.
Mold can be unsightly and compromise the health of the people and pets exposed to it. Segments of wall, or parts of your property, that contain mold should be removed or repaired quickly to prevent further health problems. Here are some signs of mold to better detect mold growth early in order to deal with it quickly.
A Moldy Odor
Mold can often grow and flourish in areas that may not necessarily be visible. Because it commonly grows in dark places, it can hide behind furniture, wallpaper or in dark areas like cabinets and closets.This is why the first sign is often its odor. Mold gives off a unique odor similar to mildew. This smell is a good first warning sign that mold may be present.
Small Mold Patches
Another way that it can be detected is by sight. This may seem obvious, but it’s possible to see mold growth and assume that it is just dirt or something less serious. If you are looking for it, check damp areas where it could grow: under sinks or near plumbing, garages, cellars, etc. Noticing those small, dark splotches is the first step to getting rid of unsightly and dangerous mold.
Another way to detect the presence of mold in your home or property is, unfortunately, by health symptoms. Mold spores can become airborne and cause physical reactions in the people that come into contact with them. Some of these symptoms include respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, nasal congestion, sneezing and even asthma. Other physical symptoms include sore or irritated eyes and throat, as well as itchy skin.
If any of these signs become apparent in your home or property, it’s time to think about mold restoration. At Certified Restoration, we would love to help you out. We’ll have your property restored and you breathing easy in no time.