By Eve Kelly, Feb. 3, 2010. Water roared down our street, pooled up around the clogged street drain, and began to overflow into our neighbor’s front yard. By the time Patrick unclogged the drain — two plastic "No Parking" signs were the culprits — the water was inches from their living room.
Why be concerned? Mold can ruin just about anything it grows on and can be dangerous to your health—mold produces allergens, irritants and sometimes, potentially toxic elements. Contact can trigger all kinds of reactions, from allergic responses to asthma attacks.
If you rent, you may not think you need renters insurance. Maybe you don’t feel you own anything of much value, or you may believe that your property management company or landlord will cover any damages. But what about things like clothes, toiletries and food? These smaller items can add up. Renters insurance is important.
In recognition of National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week, November 10 – 18, we’re using social media to make a difference. Throughout November, for every Like we get on Facebook and +1 on Google+, Certified Restoration will donate $1 to those in need.